Thursday, March 13, 2008

Maintenance, Growth & what else...Beer


With Spring weather giving us a glimmer of hope I've been able to get the bike wash set back up. With Cult Cross coming up this weekend I had to give some lovin' to the Spot cross bike. I'm not sure how you roll but when CX season is over my race rig works overtime, turning into the dirt road riding do-it-all training machine. It took a couple of times over that baby to get all that redstone dust out it, but hey at least the chain wasn't nasty!
Speaking of spring, after one round of bike cleaning we headed to Oskar Blues to kick it with burgers & beer back porch style. Can't beat flip-flops & sunshine to help wash down that smmmooooootttthhhhh unfiltered Dales Pale Ale....Yum, YUm, YUM, YUMMMMM.
You can really feel the growth at the Oskar Blues Brewery. While hanging out on the back porch long enough for a Burger & a few beers we saw 3 Semi's come through & fill up on OB Beer. If you've ever been to our little brewery & restaurant you know 3 trucks will fill that area up all quick like. The brewers & the canning crew can't wait for the NEW brewery to get finished up. I'll get you all an update with some pictures next week.


Hall Ranch is absolutely rideable & in fine form. With the daylight savings change & Hall Ranch right down the road my legs are totally blown. A few trips up & down that baby on the 32x19 & the legs start screaming pretty loudly. Nope I didn't clean it this week, gonna have to try again next week. This week is turning into maintenance week, in addition to getting the cross bikes out I had to get the drivetrain on my DPA Maverick replaced so I could join the Tuesday Night Redstone ride with gears & squish. I had a good time but it sure felt odd after being on a hardtail single speed most of the winter.

I better get going, I have lots of cross gear to dust off before I get the car loaded up. Cheers!

No comments: