Monday, October 20, 2008

Subject: The Best Beer Ever

We recieved this loving email from an Old Chub fan...

From: Treny

Sent: Friday, September 26, 2008 8:46 AM
To: Wayne Anderson; Wayne Bowers
Subject: The Best Beer Ever

Good morning Wayne:

As one that takes great pride in calling himself the Holder of the Most Diverse Beer Palate in the World, I was thrown back into the minor league when I took my first sip of Old Chub.

Nashville is a very unique place. We’ve got the wealthy, the poor, the college students (and the plethora of bars that follow), the Country Music scene (and the plethora of bars that follow) and just a wide-range of cultures and demographics.

East Nashville was once a run-down, crime-ridden area that was first established back in the late 1800’s. It has since become one of the fastest value-growing areas in America. The homes (thousands of them!) are being or have been renovated, there are many bars and restaurants and the social-scene is massive 7 days a week.

One restaurant in particular is the Eastland Café. www.eastlandcafe.com Eastland Café is known for the excellent food, quaint atmosphere, a Lappy Hour (patio event (dog happy hour)) and the BEST Happy Hour on Earth. During these M-Sat Happy Hours, your Old Chub and Dale’s Pale Ale are always the featured (and only) beers on the menu. During my first visit, the server recommended Old Chub. And yes, she advised me of its 8% content.

She poured it and I first was impressed by the color. I let it breathe, as any beer with an 8% content has a life of its own. I took a sip. Presto! I was a changed man. I’ve been to 27 countries in my 37 years of life and I’ve yet to experience anything like your Old Chub ale.

After numerous trips back to the Eastland Café, I finally asked the manager, although knowing that they did not have the proper license to do so, if I could possibly buy some Old Chub from her and take it home. She advised me that it took her some time but got her friend at Midtown Wine and Spirits www.midtownwine.net to start selling your line of beers. Even though it is $10.50 a 6-pack, I’ve bought several cases since. I’ve even pushed Old Chub to others, all which say that it is a stellar ale.

So if you would, please add Midtown Wine and Spirits to your website as selling your beers, and please do not stop crafting what I believe is the perfect yarn of the wonderful liquid we call beer.

I visit friends in Denver from time to time, and I cannot wait to head N/W to visit your establishment.

Cheers,

Treny

No comments: