Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Yeti Tribe Gathering in Pics (Part 1)

Well knowing that I'm the local Yeti "heehaw" in town, the fellas at OB were kind enough to ask me on short notice to head to the desert to represent the finest beer in a can. My response, god damn right (but I need to clear it with the wife first). There is always tough talk but as we all know, "you gotta clear it with the wife". Well as always she was supportive and I felt like I just made the half court shot for a million bucks. Thanks Chad and all.

We rolled out in style in the Dales Pale Ale Van with a pallet of the good stuff. Two idiots with visions of the desert and miles of riding and spreading the good word of Dales Pale Ale, Gordons, Old Chub and oh yes, there were a few brave souls who literally downed ten fidy like it was gatorade. There was one gal who drank nothing but I think, very impressive.

Down the road we go....


We finally arrived and got to work immediately. First task, fill the coolers with you know what. Here is the before photo?


Here is the after photo...so you can only imagine the craziness.


Big Joe from Yeti gets right to work on the Dales. You would have thought that Elvis showed up when the Dales Pale Ale van was spotted.


Here is some the freaks themselves enjoying the campfire.


Oh Yeah and we did ride. The first day was the Tabeguache area or as we called it (Tabe - Gwatch). Most of the group chose to shuttle to the top of the ribbon, Aaron and I chose to ride the the Tabe-Gwatch, on to the road and up to the top of ribbon. Could have done without the road but it felt good to get some mileage knowing the Deathmarch is coming up in a week.


That is all for now, I have many more photos to share so I will split them up into a couple of posts. Here is a photo of me previewing some very interesting photos that I'm sure you will enjoy, but I have to save them for next time. Saturday night awaits and thats the night it gets goofy.


Until next time.

No comments: